Monday, January 24, 2011

Meet Babe




I'm a bicycle junkie. My main love is mountain biking, but I'm pretty open to just about any form of biking...except fixed gear, they scare the hell out of me. I was able to test ride a Surly Pugsley snow bike last fall in Vegas. Yes, I realize test riding a snow bike in the desert is a bit odd, but that's just how it worked out. It was love at first ride, I knew at that moment I had to add a snow bike to the stable. I did a little more research into it and decided that although I loved my Pugsley test ride an aluminum Fatback from Speedway Cycles was the bike for me. It's big. It's blue. It's made cold weather much more enjoyable. The Fatback's name is Babe as in Babe the Blue Ox of Paul Bunyan fame. I came upon a fallen tree blocking the trail I was riding and at that moment it came to me, Babe would be a great name for my Fatback.

No comments:

Post a Comment