Sunday, February 6, 2011

Frozen Hog



Still getting used to this blogging thing...and actually posting stuff. It's been a good week. Last Saturday was the 9th Annual Frozen Hog Winter Mountain Bike Race. The race consists of two laps (~7 miles total) around some mountain bike trails in Alpine, UT. This was my third time participating. I find it funny how perspectives change. The first year I did the race was 2005, I can't even really remember why I signed up for it, but I do remember thinking I was a crazy idea and kind of regretting that I had signed up for it. That first race felt like one of the hardest most miserable things I had ever done in my life! I remember it as kind of fun...but mostly miserable. I figured it would probably be the last time I would do anything like that....

2011 Frozen Hog. Whether it was the snow bike, the better cold weather riding gear, or time and experience, I was really excited for the race this year! And it turned out to be really fun. The weather warmed up and almost all the snow melted negating the need for my snow bike, but all in all it was a great time. I took second place out of four in the Clydesdale (over 215lbs) category and was pretty happy about that too.





No comments:

Post a Comment